2017 Growth of the Game Activities!
Join our Facebook Page for the latest News!
For more in depth information about player development programs see our PGA Member only page here! (check your email for the password or email Chelsea firstname.lastname@example.org)
Player Development E-Newsletters
Player Development, Grant Application, West MI Golf Show, Growth of the Game Workshops, Think Tanks
Growth of the Game Seminars, Michigan Women’s Golf Summit, PGA Junior League Golf, Drive, Chip & Putt, Equipment Check out, Think Tanks
- 2 Golfzilla
- 2 inflatable hitting bays
- 1 Golfgator
- 1 Full Kwik Golf Set
- 1 Large Snag Coaching Set
- Snag Sticky Suit
For more info on check out dates please email Chelsea Guoynes at the Section email@example.com
Growth of the Game Workshops
I want to personally invite and encourage everyone to join me for a one-of-a-kind learning experience on February 23rd at Cascade Hills Country Club and February 24th at Fox Hills Golf & Banquette Center. Both seminars will be held from 9AM-4PM with registration at 8:30 AM. It’s going to be thought provoking, very interactive, engaging, and entertaining. Some items we will address are…
• Why you have more control over your business future than you realize.
• Getting beyond just “getting through each day.”
• The “good old days” of business. Why business as usual won’t do.
• “Experiences” versus “Services.” (Hint: Services = transactions, Experiences = memorable moments).
• Creating focus, instilling excitement, encouraging creativity, and making your golf business worthwhile.
• Taking the “next step” and growing your business beyond its current status….getting back to “teaching and playing to grow the game.”
• PGA Member = Valuable!
Bob Baldassari Jr., PGA Director of Youth Golf Development for The PGA of America.
Frank Chieppa, Player DevelopmentRegional Manager for the Illinois & Midwest Markets
This Seminar will inspire you in growing your business, enhancing your guests’ experience, and making more revenue/income. There will lunch provided and 6 MSR credits all for a low fee of $40. You also get to spend time with other PGA Members/Apprentices! Seriously. I can’t think of a reason why you couldn’t attend!
Who: Two passionate presenters Bob Baldassari & Frank Chieppa
What: Growth of the Game Seminars that are genuinely FUN and thought provoking
Where: Cascade Hills Country Club & Fox Hills Golf & Banquet Center
When: Cascade Hills CC- February 23rd 2017 & Fox Hills Golf- February 24th 2017
Time: 9:00AM-4:00 PM with Registration at 8:30 AM
How:Register here!! & or click on Growth of the Game Seminars
Growth of the Game Think Tank Opportunities!
This winter season is all about planning and helping each other! Think Tank Thursday is a new program that focuses on getting your fellow PGA Professionals together to brainstorm ideas and work on the common goal of growing the game! I believe it is important to build a united front for player development. Together we can share our experiences, and figure out how to tackle the barriers that keep people from deepening their engagement in the game. The goal of this meeting is to help plant the Player Development seed so when summer rolls around you are able to flourish. We would like to provide a fun environment for you to have the opportunity to talk among your PGA neighbors by sharing ideas, brainstorming common issues and provide a sense of community. Come and join us for a few hours to discuss the following topics:
- Obstacles you’re facing
- Great ideas, your season plans, unique clinics
- How to freshen up your lesson plan
- How to deepen engagement
- PGA JLG & DCP
Think Tank Dates, Locations & How to Sign up
Think Tank Tuesday @ The Otsego Club
Date: Tuesday March 7th from 10:00 AM-12:00 PM
Click this link to see our SignUp on SignUp.com: http://signup.com/go/ZccUdQ
Think Tank Thursday @ The First Tee of West Michigan
Date: Thursday March 9th from 10:00 AM -12:00 PM
Click this link to see our SignUp on SignUp.com: http://signup.com/go/mf8eJX
Think Tank Thursday @ Meridian Sun
Date: Thursday April 6th from 10:00 AM- 12:00 PM
Click this link to see our SignUp on SignUp.com: http://signup.com/go/hy6WXB
How to sign up!
Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
1) Click the link for the Think Tank you’d like to attend
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) Sign up! It’s Easy – you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.com.
Note: SignUp.com does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually.
Who is invited: any PGA Member, Apprentice, PGA PGM Student or Pre Apprentice, you may also bring guests who would benefit from this session
Dress code: golfer casual
Cost: FREE + you get 1 MRS Credit per hour!
PGA Junior League Golf Captain Registration Now Open!
If you believe in
- job security
- changing the culture of junior golf
- reaching new customers & keeping them engaged
- building a fun, social and low pressure environment for golf
- developing comradery
- in being the center of an enriched golf community
- being a part of a trending & cool program
Boy do I have a program for you- PGA Junior League Golf! Captain Registration is now open!
Captain Registration Deadline is April 3rd!
Think about the best golf experience you’ve had…did it have to do with a special moment with your teammate, learning great values from your coach/instructor, winning, learning a new skill, traveling to new facility, or feeling like you’re a part of something special? PGA Junior League golf offers all of these experiences to its participants. This program is revolutionary in giving kids exposure to the game of golf! They have a relaxing team environment to grow and develop in, all while playing matches, winning and playing new facilities.
**player registration is now open! Get your facility listed, sign up today!
Michigan Women’s Golf Summit
Michigan Women’s Golf Summit- April 22nd, 2017 at the Suburban Collection Showplace!
Michigan PGA Professionals: you have a fun opportunity to get involved with a driving force to grow Women’s golf! The Michigan Women’s Golf Summit is an opportunity for women golfers to network; learn how to get started in the game, how to play with confidence, how to use golf as a business tool and how to get junior girls started in the game. There will even be a fitness, rule and skills clinic. It is a day for women to get inspired, educated and have fun!
How can you get involved in growing women’s golf?
- Encourage your female members to attend
- Come down and check out the show yourself
- Post flyers in your locker rooms or send out an email
- Advertise your clubs Spring/Summer/Fall offerings by providing a coupon or discount code
- If you’d like to take advantage of the 200+ women golfers in attendance the Michigan PGA will be printing small coupon booklets for the attendees
- Type up your facilities key program, lesson package, greens fees, or fun event and email it to Chelsea Guoynes
- Must be able to fit on a 3×5 index card!
- Examples: BOGO greens fees, buy 4 lessons get the 5th free, Get Golf Ready Clinics starting at $150, Bring your daughter to the course day-free golf for a junior girl with a paying adult, Sip & Chip socials…etc.
Your Facility Name
Would you like to play golf in a fun and social environment while sampling 3 different wines each week? Come join us for our 9 & wine Scramble nights every Tuesday in May from 5:30-7:30pm! Only $40 (include 3 wine samples and 9holes)
Michigan Women’s Golf Summit attendees g
et $10 off one 9 & wine Scramble night! Bring a friend and you’ll both get the discount!